• Diktapanidis Chris is one of the most successful basketball coaches in Greece. He played basketball in U.S.A. at Holy Cross and after returning to Greece he suffered a severe injury that caused him the end of his playing career.
• His coaching career started by coaching youngsters leading his team to the state finals.
• He was the youngest head coach ever to coach on women’s 1st division team at the age of 19. He coached women for 3 seasons. Since then he is coaching men’s teams for 33 consecutive years all over Greece to Rhodes, Crete but mostly in Thessaloniki, his hometown. He led his teams to 15 division titles, 4 undefeated seasons, named coach of the year 9 times at the division he coached. Coach “D’ likes to work with young players, but through the years he earned a reputation of a coach who is dedicated to hard work, a strategist whose teams are always among the most difficult to play, despite being physically outmanned much of the time. His overall record is 479-151.
• The last 8 years he works for MACHITES B.C. a new basketball organization in Thessaloniki, being one of the founding members, leading them to 3 championships as the head coach,
• He is also General Manager and Vice President and the organizer and head coach of the academy for young players of the club.
• His proposals were followed by the Greek basketball association to organize and change the ways that championships for youngsters were taken place. His innovative approach changed for better the way the basketball is played in Greece.
1979 - 1983 Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
School of Philosophy
Department of English Language and Literature
BA in English Literature.
1986 - 1989 Technological Educational Institute of Thessaloniki
School of Health and Welfare
Department of Physiotherapy
BA in Physiotherapy
1984 BA In Physical Education – A’ Class Basketball Coach
1977 GRADUATE HOLY CROSS HIGH SCHOOL MICHIGAN
1978 ATTENDING THE PREPARATION OF MICHIGAN UN.
UNDER COACH HUBBIE BROWN
1979 BAO women A1’ national division 5 WINS-1 LOSS
1982 Elpis men, D’ division, .division champion 19 W-3 L
1983 Arion women B’ national division champion 17 w-1 L
1986 Elpis C’ division champion 15 w-3 L
1987 Elpis Elpis B’ division champion 16 w-2 L
1988 Elpis 4th place 15 w-7 L
ARION Women B’ national division 4th place 11 w-7 L
Arion men B’ national division 3rd place 19 w-4 L
1989 PIRAMATIKO women Α1t national division 5th place 12 w-10 L
Elpis men 3rd place. 16 w-6 L
ARION Women Β΄ national division 5w-4 L
1990 PIRAMATIKO women Α1 national division 5 w-3 L
KERAVNOS THESSALONIKIS. Men C’ division champions 19 w-9 L
Elpis men 6th place 11 w-11 L
1991 KERAVNOS THESSALONIKIS. Men B’ division champions 16 w-6 L
1992 ERGOTELIS of Crete men, C΄ National division 10th place 11 w-15 L
1993 OFI Crete men A2 national division 5th place 16 w-8 L
HERAKLION A2 National division
1994 IALISSOS of Rhodes, C’ National division 2nd place 21 w-5 L
1995 USA OKLAHOMA STATE-DALLAS MAVS (attending practices-cooperative coaching)
1997 Anagenisi A’ division 5 w-4 L
ARION C’ National division 13 w-6 L
1998 KERAVNOS D’ division champion 26 w-0 L
1999 KERAVNOS C’ division champion 26 w-0 L
2000 KERAVNOS 3rd place B’ division 22 w-4 L
2001 KERAVNOS B’ division champion 27 w-0 L
2002 KERAVNOS A’ division champion 32 w-0 L
2003 KERAVNOS 2nd place C’ National division 19 w-7 L
2004 Arion 9th place C’ National division 7 w-8-L
2008 MAKEDONIKOS 12th place A2 National division 5w- 8 L
2009 MACHITES B.C Head Coach,B’ division champion. 22w-4L
2010 MACHITES B.C Head Coach Α΄ division of Thessaloniki, champions 25w-1 L
2011 MACHITES B.C Head Coach C΄ National division champions 21w-5 L
2012 MACHITES B.C Head Coach Β’ national division 4 w-4 L
2015 MACHITES B.C Β΄ National division champions 21w-5 L
2015-2017 General manager and technical advisor of MACHITES B.C. Basketball Academy for young players. Won both years the title of U-20
2015-2017 General manager and technical advisor of MACHITES B.C. Basketball A2 National Division
2017-18 B.C. HELLENEN MUNICH GERMANY REGIO 1 3rd place !5w-11L
2018 ΝΟRTH WEST IRELAND NATIONAL TEAM HEAD COACH- BALLYSHANNON – DONEGAL – IRELAND
2018 B.B.G. HERFORD GERMANY 3rd PLACE 21w-6L
2019 EPG BASKETS KOBLENZ
TOTAL LIFE RECORD 560 wins-169 Loses
He was also headmaster at the 13th Primary school of Polichni, Thessaloniki. He was working for the Greek Educational System for 25 years. He participated and proposed changes that have been accepted by the Union of the basketball clubs of Thessaloniki for the reformation of the basketball championships for young players in Greece, these renovations made Greek basketball more productive. He also worked as a coordinator for the Nymphemburger School Basketball Programme in Munich-Germany.
F.I.B.A. Licensed Coach
WABC No 2016504152
Skype: chris dictapanidis
FB : Chris Dictapanidis
Tel. +306909607169 (Greek)... show moreless